6/25/2013

Gangnam District

When I first heard the Gangnam Style song by PSY in Bandung, Indonesia, I didn't know that Gangnam was a district in Seoul. Let alone knowing what Gangnam means, I didn't even understand what the song was about.

Turn out that Gangnam was the area for the rich and famous people. Gangnam district known for its highly expensive real estates, which often compared to Beverly Hills, California. You can also bump into celebrities here because there are so many entertainment agencies around.

We spent a whole day in Gangnam last weekend, and it was not enough to explore all the possibilities.
Gangnam Styles
By the time we arrived in Gangnam, it was lunch time. We had lunch in this nice little restaurant called Bab & Bulgogi. The food was just delicious and Andra ate a lot of beef soup with rice. Luckily the owner was there to serve as well and we had no problem communicating because she spoke english fluently.
Our main reason went to Gangnam was because I was looking for some books. After I browsed, in Gangnam there is a big bookstore selling English books too. And I am dying to read a soul filling books again.
Kyobo bookstore in Gangnam with a poem written on the wall
I didn't buy any book there, because I know online store sell the same books with cheaper price. I guess it was just me being cheap. But really, if you can buy the same thing with cheaper price, why wouldn't you?

We spotted zillions of cafes here in Gangnam, not just any cafes but the stylish ones. I couldn't stop smiling looking at the beautiful exteriors while absorbing the ambience.
Helloo am I in Paris?

Pretty modern Japanese izakaya
In the afternoon, the street was packed with lots and lots of people. I mean really, we brought our stroller and we could barely stroll through. The vibe of Saturday night.

And we stopped by couple of times for some coffee.
Seriously to die for cheese bagels! Warm, soft, savory.. Yummy
Starbucks Gangnam
Holly's coffee
Holly's coffee Gangnam
Pretty lamp there
At night, Gangnam was dressed up with lights everywhere. And the number of people increased over time. No empty seats in the cafes. People going out in style. I love being in such lively ambience.

I spotted some of crime scenes like this in the area.
When we were home from Gangnam, I barely could feel my legs. I couldn't believe we were there all day walking around. But I was satisfied, that was definitely won't be our last time going to Gangnam.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rurie!
    Just wondering, was everything really expensive in Gangnam? I've heard about it being the district where the more well-off residents of Seoul live so I was thinking maybe a lot of stuff would be over-priced there?

    Michelle, xx
    missmishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete