7/04/2013

Birthday Dinner

On my birthday, we decided to have a simple dinner just the three of us. Turned out that Andra was sleeping already on the way to the restaurant because he refused to take a nap before so I kinda like had a date with Mr. M.

The restaurant was only a block away and though it was already 7 pm, the sun was still shining brightly.
On our way
The restaurant was specializing in beef bulgogi, but they also have other choices if you decided not to eat the grilled beef, like soup or stews.
They use traditional heat source, charcoal
I ordered beef short ribs or LA galbi bulgogi (1 kg) for 18.000 won, and Mr. M ordered ribs for 20.000 won. And this is what we got.
 The banchan were wonderful. There was cold noodle, Jjajangmyun, salmon sashimi, crab sashimi in hot spicy sauce, and persimmon dessert.
 I just love the color of the vegetables. Makes you feel healthier knowing you are about to eat them.
The thing about traditional Korean restaurant like this, don't you ever, ever, try to cook the meat yourself. It is forbidden! Trust me on this, because every time I was lifting the scissor and tongs to flip the meat, the waitress suddenly came and take over the flipping job. Seriously, she had radar that she knew, who was playing with her stuffs.

Sorry I didn't take any picture when it's done, because we were starved already. We were satisfied both with the food and the service. The waitresses were so helpful and very smiley. Though we were full when we got home, we still couldn't resist the takoyaki temptation.
This takoyaki in front of our apartment is sooo good. It has big chunk of octopus, and if you want to try other flavor than just octopus, there are 5 choices : chilli, jalapeno, cheddar cheese, garlic, and pineapple. My favorite is octopus and garlic.

So that's it for my first of July. Again, I feel blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment