5/31/2013

Soun Goreng

I was craving for noodles today but since I had instant noodles just couple days ago, I thought soun will do. Soun is another kind of noodle made from sweet potato starch which has less calorie than usual wheat noodle. It often used as carbo in bakso dish or as soun goreng in Indonesia.

When I had my trip to supermarket, I saw soun but Korean style, Dang-Myun. It has wider diameter and more loosen after cooked than usual soun I used to have back in my hometown, but I thought it would do just as good.

After I finished cooking this dish, I realized that it's quite similar with the Korean Japchae. I never had Korean Japchae, been wanting to, but I like browse through Korean recipes. I didn't measure any of the ingredients, so only pictures this time for you guys!

This is my version of vegetarian soun goreng with cucumber, carrot, zucchini, shiitake mushroom, and green chilli. Yummy! My husband and I ended up eating 2 portions each. Burp!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment